I know I am very, very, very behind the times on this, but just in case you missed it … This means that SBS Cougar is now completely done and now a 100% SBS 2008!!
On behalf of the SBS team, I am extremely pleased to announce that Windows Small Business Server 2008 software has been finalized! Today both SBS Standard and Premium are being released to manufacturing, which means we begin the process of finalizing international versions, creating media, building packaging, delivering the product to distribution channels and handing it off to our OEM partners, so it will be widely available by our November 12 launch. (More information about launch will come in the future.)
We invested in a number of different areas for this release; here’s the big picture of the themes and features in SBS 2008:
For IT managers and technology consultants:
· Microsoft’s newest server technologies: Powerful and more secure infrastructure that was rebuilt from the ground up.
· IT made easy: Deployment, setup and administration is dramatically simplified and improved. New tools to manage domain names and data folders. New single CALs make SBS 2008 licensing more flexible and cost-effective.
· Improved Manageability: Monitoring across both servers and client PCs. Customizable, remotely-accessible reports via e-mail and mobile devices
· Application Platform: SBS 2008 Premium Edition is an ideal platform for critical business applications, via SQL Server 2008 and Windows Server 2008 on a second hardware server
For small business owners and employees:
· Greater security: Trial subscriptions to Microsoft Forefront Security for Exchange Server and Windows Live OneCare for Server. Extensibility model for easy reporting of 3rd party protection applications.
· Better data protection: New block-based server protection technologies that can complete backing up your server in minutes rather than hours.
· Simple, easy online marketing and commerce: Integration with Microsoft Office Live Small Business
· Better productivity: Improved Remote Web Workplace, integration of the new SharePoint and support for the newest Windows Mobile devices
I want to congratulate the entire team and thank our partners and beta participants for their tremendous efforts and help.
Group Program Manager
Windows Small Business Server
The launch is set for 12th November:
This is a great opportunity for registered Partners:
Get Ready for the Windows Essential Server Solutions Launch with Technical Training Series <https://partner.microsoft.com/40075344>
The November 12, 2008 launch for Windows Essential Server Solutions is fast approaching!
Prepare by attending Partner Academy Live technical training sessions for Windows Small Business Server 2008 and Windows Essential Business Server 2008 starting on August 15, 9am PDT with “The Small and Midsize Business Server Platform: Which Is Right for Your Customer?” . Topics include planning and installation, migration, security, management, virtualization, and more for both Windows SBS 2008 and Windows EBS 2008.
A more speedy update service will continue after this short break :-)
Tue, Sep 16 2008 11:12 AM