Configuring your services
This chapter covers the process of finalising the network setup moving all network services to be served from the SBS 2008 server.
In this chapter we will carry out the following tasks, some of which are optional:
- Accept the customer feedback option (as it is in this section of the console)
- Configure your internet domain name for remote access and e-mail
- Check your internet network settings
- Enable e-mail routing via your ISP (smart hosts) if required
- Installing a paid for SSL certificate (optional)
- Configure OfficeLive for Small Business for SBS 2008 (optional)
- Configure a VPN (also known as RAS) for external access (optional)
The configuration and purchasing of a Domain Name and setting up for Office Live Small Business is a key benefit of SBS 2008 for those who don’t use this already today.
To order the book, go to http://davidoverton.com/r.ashx?1M . To find out more about my SBS 2008 BOOK - SBS 2008, Installation, Migration and Configuration click here
Wed, Apr 15 2009 8:59 AM