I saw this and thought I should share it ASAP.
Description: 4 day organisational training for partners interested in developing a Virtual Desktop Infrastructure practice. Can be paid for using advisory hours.
Microsoft Virtual Desktop Infrastructure empowers enterprises with unified management of centralized desktops and corporate data through Microsoft System Center technology. Microsoft VDI offers tremendous value by providing a high performance virtual desktop platform while reducing the cost of deploying virtual desktops. Citrix technology adds value to the Microsoft VDI stack by offering additional scale and flexibility.
Take Practice Accelerator for VDI and help your customers extend existing management tools and processes to the virtual desktop environment while reducing management overhead, enabling rapid deployment, improving operational efficiencies and driving business agility.
Ten Partner Advisory Hours will be deducted from your organization's balance when you register. You must cancel your registration 72 hours prior the start of the session to receive a refund on your advisory hours. If your organization has available advisory hours but has not attained a silver or gold competency, contact Partner Technical Services for assistance with registration.
Prerequisites: For more information on requirements, please see our information on prerequisites. https://partner.microsoft.com/40128260 – the section for this course are extracted below:
PRACTICE ACCELERATOR PRE-REQUISITES:
Practice Accelerator provides intermediate- to advanced-level training in engagement management for deployments. Ideal candidates are engagement managers, consultants, and project managers, and should have a basic knowledge of the technology. Practice Accelerator is not a deep technical training on the solution. Practice Accelerator provides partners with the resources and guidance to help build a services practice. Partners looking for product, technical sales and delivery expertise can take advantage of the additional offerings available through the Microsoft Partner Network website.
Practice Accelerator for Virtual Desktop Infrastructure Experience with the following products and technologies is essential for course participants:
- Windows 7
- Microsoft Office 2010
- Windows Server 2008 R2 SP1 with Microsoft Hyper-V
- Microsoft System Center Virtual Machine Manager 2008 R2 SP1
- Hyper-V failover clustering
- Microsoft SQL Server 2008 R2
- Knowledge of Microsoft Active Directory including Group Policy
- Citrix XenDesktop 5 SP1
- Citrix Provisioning Services 5.6 SP1
- Microsoft Application Virtualization (App-V) 4.6 SP1 including application sequencing
- User state virtualization with Windows 7 using roaming user profiles, folder redirection, and offline folders
Experience with the following products and technologies is also recommended:
- Microsoft System Center Configuration Manager 2007 R2 or R3
- Microsoft System Center Operations Manager 2007 R2 (infrastructure monitoring)
- Windows PowerShell scripting
Citrix XenApp 6 Experience with the following networking and storage technologies is essential:
- Domain Name System (DNS) including forward and reverse lookup zones
- Dynamic Host Configuration Protocol (DHCP)
- Preboot Execution Environment (PXE) and booting virtual machines using the network interface
Familiarity with the following networking and storage technologies is also recommended:
- Virtual local area networks (VLANs) including VLAN tagging and trunking
- Ethernet link aggregation with Link Aggregation Control Protocol (LACP)
- Storage area network (SAN) concepts
- SAN Connectivity (i.e., FibreChannel or iSCSI)
Sat, Apr 7 2012 12:12 PM